Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Talk about your dark alleys

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Chapter 1

I've started Year 5 on my quest. I must be demented.

Dudley must be on his way to a productive life. The Sweet Science has rescued many young boys from a life of crime. It's good to see him making something of himself. Yet, I do wonder if there is a spine inside that mass of flesh.

Perhaps I am being a bit judgmental of dear old Dudley. I suppose if my cousin waved a magic wand at me and I encountered Dementors completely unaware of what was going on, I'd be a little spineless too. Dudley is a spoiled brat and a bully, but I do feel some pity on him.

Voldemort's attack has apparently begun. But I think he sent some boys to do a man's job. A little Expecto Patronum! and the Dementors were defeated. And it was jolly of Harry to save Dudley from his first kiss.

Now here's something I should have realized. Old Mrs.Figg is a witch. Of course, she has lots of cats and she took an interest in Harry when no one else would. No doubt she works for Dumbledore. Can't wait to find out who or what Mundungus Fletcher is.

As cold as it is the spring, one has to wonder if the Dementors are lurking in alleys all over the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment