Monday, May 2, 2011

The truth comes out

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Chapter 35

I can't prove it, but I knew something was up when Mad-Eye Moody was suddenly a Death Eater. I know unexpected things happen in this story, but that just didn't fit. It's like I was channeling Dumbledore. Neither of us was surprised when he turned out to be an imposter.

Of course, I didn't know it was the junior Crouch. That was quite a tale he got to tell of how he escaped Azkaban and showed his loyalty to Lord Voldemort. He cursed Mad-Eye and took his place with the old Polyjuice Potion trick. (Drinking something with somebody's hair in it is not something I could do. Gag me with a spoon.) He incapacitated his father, later killed him, turned him into a bone and buried him like a dog would. Then he turned the Triwizard Cup into a portkey. That's one busy bad guy.

And poor Winky was made an accomplice. Dobby won't be happy.

I just had a thought. Because Harry saw all of those Death Eaters, will he have to go into witness protection?

No comments:

Post a Comment