Friday, August 6, 2010

If I could be an animal, I would be a ...

Reflecting on The Prisoner of Azkaban

My original intent was to write this post when I finished reading Azkaban, but it's not too late.

I found the Animagus magic to be very cool. At this point in the series, it's the bit of magic that I think would be the most fun. Riding brooms would be a close second.

So I got to thinking: What animal would I choose if I had Animagus powers? Something big. Something small. Something fast. Something strong. Something beautiful. Something regal. Something plain. Something clever. Something sneaky.

My answer might surprise you. But I'm not giving it out until I've heard lots of you. So please leave a comment on this post and tell me what animal you would morph into and why.

4 comments:

  1. This is a tough one. It would have to have some advantage over the human form. So a monkey would not be a good choice. I'm thinking maybe a bear -- speed, strength, paws that can do things. I like honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't know. Maybe a dog, seen as trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about an owl...it can fly, strong talons, pretty inconspicuous.
    Started reading the series at Christmas. ..it has been fun having someone else's thoughts on each chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice. It's been so long since I wrote this that I'm going to have to try to remember what I was thinking at the time. Maybe an elephant so I'll have a better memory. Glad you found the blog and are enjoying it. My aim is to do the final two books this summer, so don't read too fast and get ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete