Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ghost in the graveyard

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Chapter 34

Harry ran like a cat
He had to get away from V
The trophy was his prize

If the most evil thing on earth was chasing me around in the dark with a magic wand, I would hide behind gravestones, too. No shame in that, Harry. You have to survive this so we can have more books and movies. And nobody wants the bad guy to win, so keep running and hiding.

I didn't expect a wand battle that resembled an arm-wrestling match. Then again I didn't expect anything other than for Harry to get away. I should have known the portkey would be his salvation. Can't believe I missed that.

I really don't want to see V's so-called face because of the way it's described, but I would like to have seen his face the moment Harry disappeared. That scream of fury must have been good to leave behind. But something tells me we haven't left V behind. I don't think he's as strong as he thinks he is, or Harry wouldn't have out-wanded him. There might just be an ingredient in Harry's wand that is making a difference. Don't know if I'll take time to look back and see what he got that day long ago at the wand shop, but it's an interesting hypothesis nonetheless. Or maybe Dumbledore's put some kind of spell on it that V doesn't know about.


Time to read on and find out what happens when Harry lands back in Hogwarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment