Thursday, April 9, 2020

Well, obviously

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood PrinceChapter 24

I had a feeling that Myrtle's mysterious bathroom conversations were being had with Draco Malfoy. The poor boy was shaking, crying and in fear for his life.

Now just who would be the sort to threaten a schoolboy's life? Or who might be directing a minion to make such a threat? Got me. 😉

Harry's reliance on the Half-Blood Prince's scribblings finally backfires with a shout of SECTUMSEMPRA! Slughorn would not be proud. For almost killing Malfoy, I have to say Harry got off pretty easy with detention even if it is with a teacher he detests. Sounds like an expelling offense to me. Snape must want to keep Harry around.

Harry finally finds the Room of Requirement when he needs it most. Imagine that. Lots of things hidden in there. Wonder what Malfoy's been looking for in there and for whom is he working? Might the search be related to the topic of Horcruxes? Plausible, but perhaps too obvious.

Sometimes in my determination to see all the signs and be Captain Obvious, I miss clear clues and play the part of Captain Oblivious. But guessing is fun, even when I am way off.

Oh, to miss the championship match of Quidditch. But Harry was apparently a great captain. His team won it anyway and greeted him with a loud celebration. That had to feel good.

Of course it all worked out. So who in the room was surprised that Harry kissed Ginny in the celebration? Not those closest to them, I think. I know I wasn't oblivious to what was brewing.

Hope they had a nice walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment