Friday, July 23, 2010

Irish eyes are smiling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Chapter 8

"You are looking live at the site of this year's Quidditch World Cup."

Yes, the only thing missing from this event was Brent Musburger welcoming us to the scene. Ah, college football season is only a few weeks away. But for now we'll have to be content with Quidditch.

I have often been asked who I am rooting for while watching a football game. If the Buckeyes aren't playing, I usually don't care. I just want to see a good game. Likewise, I didn't care if Ireland or Bulgaria won. Though, I was nearly drawn to Bulgaria because it had the more interesting names. They all sound as if they could be Big Ten linemen.

The sportswriter in me would have enjoyed covering this for the Daily Prophet. From the antics of the veela and leprechauns (always after me Lucky Charms) to the large crowd, Krum's busted nose and the shocking finish, there would have been plenty to write about.

With DVR technology, something like omnioculars might not be too far off.

Well, three cheers for Ireland. Now let's get on with this Goblet of Fire thing.

1 comment:

  1. Guess I haven't had a DVR long enough to put that together like you did. As you can imagine, I was pulling for "The Irish" :P Which reminds, me: I would like a Notre Dame sweatshirt this winter, please. Should be able to find one in this part of the country, eh? I should check Goodwill (yeah, I just set myself up for a comeback).

    ReplyDelete