Friday, July 2, 2010

Can we leave yet?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Chapter 3

Maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry to create the "Anti-Dursley Household League." They do provide comic relief. Now that Dudley looks more like a Weeble than ever before (except that if he does wobble, he will fall down), a letter has been sent home.

A shape-up or ship-out letter is just what he needs, but I do have a hint of sympathy for him. His diet, while healthy, sounds perfectly boring.

Life on Privet Drive is getting better for Harry. Other than Dudley's troubles, he gets permission to join the Weasley's for the Quidditch World Cup. Of course, he had to play the Sirius card, but he got permission nonetheless.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Chapter 4

It is doubtless that Vernon will ever again utter the phrase "Better late than never." He certainly would have preferred just about anything to the entrance the Weasleys made into his living room to pick up Harry. Then again, there is no pleasing this muggle.

But imagine for a moment that someone other than Santa Claus shows up in your chimney. And he's brought a bunch of red-headed elves with him. Two of whom are practical jokers who accidentally spill candy, which your son eats. The candy does strange things to his tongue and thoroughly freaks everybody out.

I'm not going over to the Dursley Side, I'm just saying ...

4 comments:

  1. Every time Harry visits the Weasley's house, and gets that longing to want to live there, I do too. I think living with Fred and George would be quite an adventure. Not that I don't have plenty of nutty brothers of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as someone with 7 brothers, I can see why you would think that. I'd just like to watch Mrs. Weasley's magic in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...what gives? I link to you on my blog and then you stop posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry. Just posted again and plan to get back to doing this regularly again. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete