Thursday, January 17, 2019

Hanging in the balance

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood PrinceChapter 12
The important, plot-evolving part of this chapter is Katie Bell being dangled by her ankle by an invisible hand or crane or giant or some kind of other magic.

But let's allow that to hang there for a minute before I speculate and analyze this important development. Instead, let's spend a moment on Harry's fascination with the scribblings of the Half-Blood Prince. 

Doing well on the potions is certainly good for his grades. But learning hexes and jinxes? Now that's good stuff.

Be honest. Didn't you always want to be the one who was good at practical jokes and pranks? We all have wished at one time or another that we could pull off something original. To you who have that ability: I tip the Sorting Hat to you.

And a silent jinx that can throw Ron up in the air, keep him hanging there and drop him on the bed? Yeah, that would've been fun in the dorm.

So after Ron's upsy daisy foreshadowed what happened to Ms. Bell, it was the usual nasty cold, wind and every other winter element you can conjure up on the road to Hogsmeade. Is it just me or is the everyday nastiness of winter weather overplayed just a little? Quit making me think the current Ohio weather I am enduring ain't so bad.

Anyway, this business with Katie Bell being cursed 😱 by a necklace delivered in a brown-paper package sounds pretty suspicious. 😏 (Yes, I just discovered I can use emojis on here, so I'm gonna do it some. Forgive me if I overdo it.) I wonder if brown-paper packages used to be one of Katie Bell's favorite things. I digress.

Who was it meant for?

Who sent it?

Maybe it was a test by 💀 and his death-eating squad to see what could make it past Filch. At any rate it doesn't sound like Malfoy's doing unless he's got a lot of people on his payroll. That's a lot of conspiracy. Still, you better believe that son of a Death Eater is up to bad stuff.

Nothing good will ever come of that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment