Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The fourth task

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Chapter 32

OK, so maybe Voldemort didn't show up in the maze, but he's got somebody evil on the inside turning the trophy into a portkey. So I was mostly right. It would be nice if Cedric was only mostly dead, but I don't recall Miracle Max being on the cast list. I assume that Harry's diagnosis is correct.

Harry, of course, winds up in a creepy graveyard. (I think I am using the word creepy because I hear some form of it at least a dozen times a day being around high schoolers and college students.) And of course what followed was creepy, if not disgusting.

What's with Wormtail wanting to help? It seems that he would be better off dumping Voldemort in a ravine and leaving him to die. But I suppose there's a reason why that can't be done.

So Voldemort has risen. But how much power does he have? Obviously Harry will make it out of this scrape because I have more books to read. Maybe Sirius will come to the rescue, or maybe Harry will find his way out of what has become the fourth task.

Good luck Harry. And stay away from creepy, skeletal-looking Dark Lords.

1 comment: