Sunday, February 6, 2011

Don't wake me, I'm dreaming

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Chapter 29

Dream sequences are the most overused devices in books and movies. It worked the first time in "The Wizard of Oz." Every time since it's just copycatting. And y'all know how I feel about cats of any kind.

Are we going to wake up tomorrow and realize that the Packers winning the Super Bowl was just a dream?  No.

Are we going to wake up tomorrow and realize that all the snow we've had in Ohio this winter was just a dream? I wish I could say yes.

OK, now that you know how I feel about the cliche dream sequence, let's look at what this dream means. Who is dead? I suppose Crouch is the answer to that question, but it could be a much-unexpected someone else.

And how does this happen? What is it that gives Harry these visions of Voldemort and what his enemy is up to. I hope that question is answered. Does Harry have a special power? That's my guess.

And it looks like my prediction that Voldemort will make an appearance during the third task is setting up nicely. I think I would get good grades in Professor Trelawney's class.

Hey, I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment